The Standard License Terms of Service (TOS) are printed below. By completing a purchase of stock photos from You’re On Film! Photography, you agree to these Terms of Service.
The following is a legal agreement between you or the employer or other entity on whose behalf you are entering into this agreement (“you” or “Customer”) and You’re On Film! Photography as the licensor hereunder (“Artist”).
Please read these TOS carefully before downloading any Artist images and/or content (“Image” or “Images”). By downloading any Image, you agree to be bound by the terms of these TOS. By entering into this agreement, you verify that your country of residence is the same as your billing address.
Artist reserves the right to change these TOS at any time, and you agree to be bound by such changes. If and when changes are made to these TOS, an announcement will appear on your login page. Please make sure that you read and understand all such changes. If you do not agree to these TOS as same may be amended from time to time, do not download or use any Images. The TOS in effect at the time you are billed will control your rights and obligations with regard to Images downloaded during each billing cycle.
If the use you are contemplating is not permitted by these TOS, please review You’re On Film! Photography’s Extended Licensing Agreement which grants broader usage rights. Images downloaded as part of your Standard License plan may only be used in compliance with these Standard License TOS, regardless of any other products you may have purchased.
THIS IS A SINGLE SEAT LICENSE. IT AUTHORIZES ONE NATURAL PERSON TO LICENSE, DOWNLOAD, AND USE IMAGES. Your You’re On Film! Photography username and password are to be used only by you. Each person that desires to access the You’re On Film! Photography Websites must have his/her own username and password. We reserve the right to monitor accounts and institute means to stop users from sharing their login information. Except as expressly provided herein, you may not directly or indirectly use, copy or reproduce any Image (in whole or in part) more than one hundred thousand (100,000) times.
All Images on any You’re On Film! Photography website and related You’re On Film! Photography webpages (collectively, “YOFP Websites”) are protected by United States and international copyright laws and treaties. Artist owns and controls all rights, including the copyrights in and to the Images. Artist reserves all rights in and to the Images not expressly granted to you by the terms of these TOS. Your rights to use any Image are subject to this license agreement and are conditioned upon you making payment to Artist for your use of the Images. If you fail to make any payment to Artist when due, or if any check is dishonored or credit card charge refused or charged back, your account will be deemed delinquent. Provided that your account was current at the time you downloaded an Image and you were not otherwise in breach of any of the terms hereof (or of the terms of any other agreement between you and Artist), you have the right to use the downloaded Image, subject however, to these TOS. If your account becomes delinquent, your right to use any Images downloaded at any time shall automatically terminate unless all payments together with any interest thereon and Artist’s costs of collection, bank charges and credit card processing fees are received by Artist no later than fifteen (15) days from the date that your account became delinquent.
2. Artist hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide, right to use, modify, and reproduce Images in the following ways, subject to the limitations set forth herein and in Part II hereof:
a. On websites;
b. In print media, digital media, product packaging and software including magazines, newspapers, books (including print-on-demand books), e-books, advertising collateral, letterhead, business cards, product labels, CD and DVD cover art, applications (including mobile “apps”), and opt-in e-mail marketing, provided that no Image is reproduced more one hundred thousand (100,000) times in the aggregate, and that the Images cannot be readily unincorporated from such digital media or software;
c. Incorporated into film, video, multimedia presentations, or advertising for broadcast, public performance, or streaming provided that the intended audience consists of fewer than one hundred thousand (100,000) viewers, in the aggregate;
d. Incorporated into print or digital material intended for public display, including trade show booths or point of sale materials, excluding so-called Out of Home advertising, provided that the intended audience consists of fewer than one hundred thousand (100,000) viewers in the aggregate;
e. For decorative purposes solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, not for resale, download or distribution, or any other commercial use
f. If your desired use is not set forth above, or if you need to reproduce an Image more than 100,000 times, please see our Extended Licensing Agreement or contact Licensing.
3. In the event that you create a derivative work based on or incorporating one or more Images, all rights in and to such Images shall continue to be owned by Artist, subject to your rights to use such Image(s) pursuant to the terms and limitations set forth herein.
4. All other rights in the Images are expressly reserved by Artist for itself.
YOU MAY NOT:
5. Use an Image other than as specified in PART I.
6. Make images available on a digital asset management system, shared drive or the like for the purposes of sharing or transferring such images.
7. Resell, redistribute, provide access to, share or transfer any Image except as specifically provided herein. Uploading any Image to a web site at a resolution that exceeds the display resolution of the intended viewing device will be deemed to be an attempt to redistribute the Image.
8. Publicly display an Image: (a) as a standalone file in any digital format on the internet; or (b) in any digital format without imposing technical or written restrictions intended to prevent the use of such Images by third parties, unless the Image is incorporated into a design with text or other content, and the overlaid or embedded text or other such content covers an area of at least 33% of the display size of the Image. Unless expressly permitted by this agreement, no other person may use Images which you have licensed hereunder.
9. Produce or otherwise create for resale or distribution, printed reproductions of any Image as wallpaper or wall art, on billboards, or on canvas, paper, plastic or any other medium, unless such reproduction is expressly permitted in PART I.
10. Use or display any Image on websites or in connection with any service designed to sell or induce sales of user-customized on-demand products of any kind using or incorporating Image(s), including, by way of example only, postcards, mugs, t-shirts, posters, giclee prints, wallpaper, artwork and other items.
11. Use an Image together with pornographic, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or immoral content.
12. Use an Image in a manner that infringes upon any third party’s trademark or other intellectual property, or would give rise to a claim of deceptive advertising or unfair competition.
13. Use an Image in a way that depicts any person therein in a way that a reasonable person might find offensive – this includes, but is not limited to the use of Images: a) in pornography, “adult videos” or the like; b) in ads for tobacco products; c) in ads or promotional materials for adult entertainment clubs or similar venues, or for escort, dating or similar services; d) in connection with political endorsements; e) in advertisements or promotional materials for pharmaceutical or healthcare, herbal or medical products or services, including, but not limited to dietary supplements, digestive aids, herbal supplements, personal hygiene or birth control products; and f) uses that are defamatory, or contain otherwise unlawful, offensive or immoral content. You may not use an Image containing the likeness of a person if such use implies that the model engages in any immoral or illegal activity or suffers from a physical or mental infirmity, ailment or condition. Artist offers licenses that allow for certain “sensitive” uses prohibited by this Standard License. Please contact Licensing for more information.
14. Use any Image on a social media platform or other third party website that claims to acquire rights in the Image contrary to these TOS as a result of such use. Upon Artist’s request, you shall immediately remove any Images from such platform or website. If you require such use, please contact Licensing.
15. Use Artist’s Images in a manner that competes with Artist’s business. This includes, by way of illustration only and not by way of limitation, displaying Images in any format (including thumbnails) for download on a website, offering Artist Images for sale, or including Artist Images in templates of any nature, including web templates, document templates, projects or otherwise for distribution and/or sale to third parties.
16. Use Images as the basis for any individual or collection of physical or digital merchandise or promotional items, which you offer for sale, including the creation of a digital or print greeting card line based on Artist Images.
17. Use an Image marked “Editorial Use Only” for commercial purposes.
18. Use any Image (in whole or in part) as a trademark, service mark, logo, or other indication of origin, or as part thereof, or to otherwise endorse or imply the endorsement of any goods and/or services.
19. Falsely represent, expressly or by way of reasonable implication, that any Image was created by you or a person other than the copyright holder(s) of that Image.
20. Stockpile or otherwise store downloaded Images that are not used within twelve (12) months of the date on which you first downloaded such Image. If you fail to use an Image within twelve (12) months from the date of your first download of that Image, you lose all rights to use that Image.
21. Use automated programs, applets, bots or the like to access the YOFP Websites or any content thereon for any purpose, including, by way of example only, downloading Images, indexing or caching the content on the YOFP Websites.
22. Artist shall be under no obligation to issue refunds under any circumstances, unless required by law. In the event that Artist determines that you are entitled to a refund of all or part of the fees you paid, such refund shall only be made to the credit card account originally used by you to purchase your product. If your product was paid for by check, your refund will be made by check.
23. “Non-transferable” as used herein means that except as specifically provided in these TOS, you may not sell, rent, load, give, sublicense, or otherwise transfer to anyone, an Image or the right to use an Image. You may however, make a one-time transfer of Images to a third party for the sole purpose of causing such third party to print and/or manufacture your goods incorporating Images subject to the terms and conditions herein. In addition, the work you produce with the Image must be used for yourself, your direct employer, client, or customer, who must be the end user of your work. You agree to take all commercially reasonable steps to prevent third parties from duplicating any Image. If you become aware of any unauthorized duplication of any Artist Image(s) please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
24. If you plan on using or do use Images as part of work for a client or customer, you must keep accurate and detailed records of the use of each Image. These records must include the name of the client or customer, the Artist Image number as well as the date or dates on which the Images were used. You shall deliver copies of such records to Artist at Artist’s request.
25. You agree to indemnify and hold Artist, its employees, directors, managers, and suppliers, harmless against any damages or liability of any kind arising from any use of the Image other than the uses expressly permitted by these TOS. You further agree to indemnify Artist for all costs and expenses that Artist incurs in the event that you breach any of the terms of this or any other agreement with Artist.
26. Warranties and Representations
a. Artist warrants and represents that:
i. Unaltered Images downloaded and used in full compliance with these TOS and applicable law, will not infringe any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, nor will such unaltered Images violate any third parties’ rights of privacy or publicity;
ii. Unaltered Images do not and will not violate any US law, statute, ordinance, or regulation;
iii. Unaltered Images are not and will not be defamatory, libelous, pornographic or obscene.
b. While Artist makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of Image keywords and descriptions, as well as the integrity of Artist’s Editorial Images, Artist makes no warranties and/or representations regarding such keywords, Image descriptions or Images designated “Editorial Use Only”.
c. ARTIST MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER OTHER THAN THOSE EXPRESSLY MADE IN THIS PARAGRAPH.
27. Subject to the terms hereof, and provided that you have not breached the terms of this or any other agreement with Artist, Artist shall defend, indemnify, and hold you harmless up to the “Limits of Liability” (as hereinafter defined). Such indemnification shall only apply to claims for damages directly attributable to Artist’s breach of the foregoing warranties and representations, together with the expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), arising out of or directly connected to any actual or threatened lawsuit, claim, or legal proceeding alleging that the possession, distribution, or use of Images downloaded and used by you pursuant to these TOS violate Artist’s warranties contained herein. This indemnification is conditioned upon you notifying Artist, in writing, of any such claim or threatened claim, no later than five (5) business days from the date you know or reasonably should have known of the claim or threatened claim. Such notification must include all details of the claim then known to you (e.g., Artist Image Number, a copy of the Image as used, name and contact information of person and/or entity making the claim, nature and date of alleged claim, copies of any correspondence received and/or sent in connection with the claim). The notification must be emailed to Artist at email@example.com. A hard copy will be required to be mailed to You’re On Film! Photography via Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested, over overnight courier, recipient’s signature required. Instructions for the mailing will be provided as response from the e-mail notification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Artist shall have the right to assume the handling, settlement or defense of any claim or litigation to which this indemnification applies. You agree to cooperate with Artist in the defense of any such claim and shall have the right to participate in any litigation at your own expense. Artist shall not be liable for any legal fees and/or other costs incurred prior to receiving complete notification of the claim as provided herein.
28. Notwithstanding any thing to the contrary contained herein, Artist shall not be liable for any damages, costs or losses arising as a result of modifications made to Images or the context in which the Images are used by you.
29. Artist’s total maximum aggregate obligation and liability to any one Customer for all claims shall be limited to Five Hundred United States Dollars – US$500.00 – (the “Limits of Liability”).
30. Any legal action or proceeding concerning the validity, interpretation and enforcement of these TOS, matters arising out of or related to these TOS or its making, performance or breach, or related matters shall be brought exclusively in the courts of the State of Georgia in the County of Gwinnett, and all parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts, waiving any objection to the propriety or convenience of such venues. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to or otherwise affect these TOS. The validity, interpretation and enforcement of these TOS, matters arising out of or related to these TOS or their making, performance or breach, and related matters shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of Georgia (without reference to choice of law doctrine). You agree that service of process in any actions, controversies and disputes arising from or relating to these TOS may be effected by mailing a copy thereof by registered or certified mail (or any substantially similar form of mail), postage prepaid, to the other party however, nothing herein shall affect the right to effect service of process in any other manner permitted by law.
31. These TOS shall be construed neither against nor in favor of any party, but rather in accordance with the fair meaning of the language hereof. The invalidity or unenforceability of any part of these TOS shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the balance hereof.
32. If you are entering into these TOS on behalf of your employer or other entity, you warrant and represent that you have the full right and authority to do so. In the event that you do not have such authority, you agree that you will be personally liable to Artist for any breaches of the terms of these TOS.
33. Credit Attributions and Copyright Notices for Editorial Uses of Images
a. You shall provide a link back to www.youreonfilmphotography.com (where applicable); or provide a credit to the Artist and to You’re On Film! Photography in connection with the editorial use of any Image. Such credit shall be in substantially the following form:
“Name of Artist/youreonfilmphotography.com”
b. In the event that an Image is used in connection with a film, television broadcast, documentary or other audio-video or multimedia project, you shall use reasonable commercial efforts to accord the Artist and You’re On Film! Photography a credit as provided above.
c. The unintentional omission of the aforesaid credit will not be a breach of the terms hereof provided that Customer cures such omission following email notice from Artist.
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU BREACH ANY OF THE TERMS OF THIS OR ANY OTHER AGREEMENT WITH ARTIST, ARTIST SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE. SUCH TERMINATION SHALL BE IN ADDITION TO ARTIST’S OTHER RIGHTS AT LAW AND/OR EQUITY. ARTIST SHALL BE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO REFUND ANY FEES PAID BY YOU IN THE EVENT THAT YOUR ACCOUNT IS TERMINATED BY REASON OF A BREACH ANY SUCH BREACH OR BREACHES.
ARTIST MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER OTHER THAN THOSE EXPRESSLY MADE IN PARAGRAPH 26 HEREOF, AS TO THE LEGALITY OR VALIDITY OF YOUR USE OF ANY IMAGE OR OF ANY RELEASE ASSOCIATED WITH AN IMAGE. THE IMAGES, AND ANY STORAGE MEDIA AND ACCOMPANYING MATERIALS (IF APPLICABLE), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
ARTIST GRANTS NO RIGHTS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF ANY NAMES, TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARK, LOGOTYPES, COPYRIGHTED DESIGNS OR WORKS OF ART OR ARCHITECTURE DEPICTED IN ANY IMAGE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ASSURE THAT ALL NECESSARY RIGHTS, CONSENTS, OR PERMISSIONS THAT MAY BE REQUIRED FOR YOUR USE OF ANY IMAGES ARE OBTAINED. ARTIST WARRANTS THAT THEY HAVE ALL RIGHTS REQUIRED TO GRANT THE RIGHTS IT GRANTS IN THIS AGREEMENT.
ARTIST DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE IMAGE(S), YOFP WEBSITES, OR OTHER MATERIALS, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT USE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, PERFORMANCE AND USE OF THE IMAGE(S) IS SOLELY WITH YOU.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU SHOULD SEEK COMPETENT COUNSEL BEFORE USING IMAGES ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY GOODS OR SERVICES OR FOR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED IN PARAGRAPH 27 HEREOF, IN NO EVENT, SHALL ARTIST’S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU, OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE YOFP WEBSITES AND/OR IMAGE(S) CONTAINED THEREON (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE MONETARY AMOUNT ACTUALLY RECEIVED BY ARTIST FROM YOU FOR YOUR USE OF THE APPLICABLE IMAGE(S).
NEITHER ARTIST NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, OR SUPPLIERS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY GENERAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE IMAGE(S), ARTIST’S BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, OR OTHERWISE, UNLESS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED FOR HEREIN, EVEN IF ARTIST HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT, SHALL ARTIST’S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU, OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE YOFP WEBSITES AND/OR IMAGE(S) CONTAINED THEREON (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE LIMITS OF LIABILITY.
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU USE FRAUDULENT CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT OR OTHERWISE ENGAGE IN ANY CRIMINAL ACTIVITY AFFECTING ARTIST, ARTIST WILL PROMPTLY FILE A COMPLAINT WITH www.ic3.gov, THE INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER, A PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI) AND THE NATIONAL WHITE COLLAR CRIME CENTER.